UAD-2 Satellite USB Octo Core
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over USB 3 on Windows.
- UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3.0
- 8 SHARC Processors
- Includes Analog Classics Plug-In Bundle
- Access Another 90+ Optional Plug-Ins
- AAX Native, RTAS, VST
The UAD-2 Satellite USB OCTO Core from Universal Audio is a DSP accelerator that allows for accessing UAD plug-ins within any DAW software running on USB 3.0-equipped Windows computers. Powered by eight SHARC processors, the stand-alone DSP accelerator provides extensive plug-in instantiation for large mixes without taxing the host computer, while also delivering world-class analog emulation.
In creating UAD plug-ins, the company's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers, using their exact schematics and best units, to deliver the experience of processing audio with classic analog equipment. The accelerator's SHARC processors and USB 3.0 SuperSpeed technology offers reduced plug-in latency comparable to that of FireWire 800.
Included with the unit is the Analog Classics plug-in bundle featuring the UA 610-B Preamp and EQ, along with legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizer, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, Precision Mix Rack Collection, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins.
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (Quad Core i7 or better recommended. 2-in-1 notebook/tablet systems not recommended)
- PC with available built-in USB 3.0 SuperSpeed port
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-bit Editions)
- 6 GB available hard drive space
- Compatible AAX 64, RTAS, or VST plug-in DAW software
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins