UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 OCTO Custom
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt—plus 3 UAD plug-ins of your choice
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt 3 on modern Mac and Windows 10 systems (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 devices)
- 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Custom software bundle lets users “pick any 3” additional UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration*
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Helios, and more (sold separately)
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other Thunderbolt-equipped UAD-2 devices including PCIe card(s), UA Audio Interfaces, and additional Satellites
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Also available with Custom software packages featuring user-selectable plug-ins
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 OCTO Custom from Universal Audio is a DSP accelerator that allows for accessing UAD plug-ins within any DAW software running on Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 equipped Mac computers. Powered by eight SHARC processors, the standalone DSP accelerator provides extensive plug-in instantiation for large mixes without taxing the host computer, while also delivering world-class analog emulation.
Other benefits of the Thunderbolt equipped DSP accelerator include greater UAD plug-in instances (the interface requires less of its own DSP to function when compared with previous versions), improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency. Additionally, the unit can supercharge existing Apollo interfaces and other UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems by creating expanded systems for running complex mixes.
Included with the unit is the company's "Analog Classics" bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Preamp and EQ, along with legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizers, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, CS-1 Precision Channel, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins. And as part of the Custom Bundle, on registration the user can pick any three individual UAD plug-ins of their choice.
*Purchasers must select all 3 individual Custom Software Bundle plug-ins simultaneously, within 45 days of product registration. Purchasers failing to select all 3 plug-ins within 45 days of registration will automatically receive 3 UAD plug-ins of UA's choosing, free of charge (but no more than 3 Custom Software Bundle plug-ins total).
Price: AED 6,179**Prices are excluding VAT
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt System Requirements
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6GB available storage