- Real-time UAD QUAD Core processor with MADI I/O for use with digital mixing consoles
- Supports 16 channels of real-time UAD Powered Plug-in processing with imperceptible latency
- Connects to your laptop via Thunderbolt 3 for plug-in control
- Connects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
- Up to four units can be daisy-chained for up to 64 channels of plug-in processing
- Includes over 90 acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-ins including world-class emulations of vintage processors
- Redundant power supplies prevent disruptions due to a faulty power source
- Fail-safe features allow audio to continue uninterrupted in event of a computer malfunction or disconnected Thunderbolt cable
- Live Rack app allows you to control plug-ins, recall channel strip settings, and even recall complete setup configuration Snapshots
- Live Rack app supports MIDI snapshot recall, as well as networked software integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles
- Tech Specs
Realtime UAD Effects Processing, Purpose-Built for Live Sound.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core is a 16-channel MADI effects processor that allows you to mix live sound with the power of UAD Powered Plug-ins. Connect it to any MADI-capable digital console, and you'll be able to tap into industry-standard plug-ins — or any UAD Powered Plug-ins in your UAD account — with no latency. You can save plug-in configurations as Snapshot files for fast recall, and you can even combine up to four UAD-2 Live Rack Core units for up to 64 channels of UAD plug-in processing. With pristine sonic quality that's been proven on stages and in studios worldwide, and with more flexibility than a rack full of dedicated processors, the Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core will have a big impact on how you mix live shows.
Simple MADI connectivity
Compared to a rack case filled with processors, the UAD-2 Live Rack couldn't be simpler to add to your digital mix system. Connect it to your digital console's MADI I/O port, and connect your laptop via Thunderbolt 3 to control the Live Rack Application. You're ready to send individual tracks, sub-mixes, and even the full mix through UAD Powered Plug-ins, with no perceptible latency. The Live Rack app features MIDI snapshot recall capabilities, as well as networked software integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles.
Fail-safe features for pro reliability
You'll be able to count on the UAD-2 Live Rack during high-stakes events. Redundant internal power supplies make sure audio will continue to be processed uninterrupted in the event of a power failure (as long as they're connected to different power circuits, of course). If your laptop malfunctions, or the Thunderbolt cable disconnects, UAD-2 Live Rack will continue to process audio using that last known plug-in states. You can even prevent unwanted setting changes during a live show by enabling the Live Rack app's Safe mode.
|Software Type||UAD-2 Live Rack with Ultimate Plug-in Bundle|
|Processor||4 x SHARC DSP cores|
|Connectivity Type||2 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3), MADI Dual Optical SC in/out|
|Hardware Requirements - Mac||Intel Core i5 or later, 6GB drive space|
|OS Requirements - Mac||OS X 10.13 or later|
Included plug-insThe Live Rack Core Bundle equips you well for practically any live mixing scenario. The Live Rack Core Bundle includes:
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy EQ
- Pultec Pro Legacy EQ
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- UA RealVerb Pro
- Precision Mix Rack Collection