- Boosts Graphics Performance
— Connects a high-performance GPU card to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Cuts Application Task Times
— Enables GPU acceleration to significantly improve editing, rendering, color grading, animation, and special effects performance.
- 750W Power Supply
— Support the power requirements of the latest compatible GPU cards; future-proof design handles higher power requirements of cards to come.
- Supports Many of the Latest GPU Cards
— Includes AMD Radeon VII, RX, RX Vega, Pro W and Pro WX models; and NVIDIA GeForce RTX series, TITAN, and Quadro models.
- Multi-eGPU Acceleration Support
— Connect two, three, or four eGPU Breakaway Boxes to slash task times on supported applications.
- Supports Non-GPU PCIe Cards
— Supports Thunderbolt-compatible full-length, full-height, single- or double-width cards –perfect for pro audio I/O and DSP cards and pro video I/O and transcoding cards.
- Quietest Configurable eGPU System Available
— Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools whatever card you install.
- Choice of Models
— Both models support the same GPU cards, include the same power supply, and provide the same portable computer charging support; the 750ex adds additional connectivity.
- Single-Port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface
— Ensures full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card.
- Thunderbolt Certified
— Certified for Thunderbolt for use with Mac® computers.
- Mac and WIndows Compatible
— Compatible with Mac and Windows computers with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Tech Specs
Pro Power Graphics – Add a High-performance Video Card to Create Your Own Personal eGPU Workstation
Whether you’re editing, rendering, color grading, animating or creating special effects, many of the pro applications you use rely on desktop and workstation graphics (GPU) cards to do the heavy lifting in processing data. Unfortunately, many popular computers are equipped only with integrated graphics or low-power discrete GPUs that bottleneck performance when performing these tasks. Happily, there’s a simple path to greater productivity—add a Sonnet external GPU (eGPU). The eGPU Breakaway™ Box 750 Thunderbolt 3 to GPU PCIe card expansion systems boost your eGPU-compatible computer’s graphics performance by connecting a high-performance GPU card to your computer via a single cable.
Designed for GPU Cards, Also Supports Other Demanding PCIe Cards
The Breakaway Box’s single x16 PCIe 3.0 slot accommodates full-length, double-width cards, and its 750W power supply supports trouble-free operation. Its single-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures the full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card.
Coolest and Quietest Add-your-own-card eGPU System Available
With its large variable-speed temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card, the eGPU Breakaway Box can be comfortably used in noise-sensitive working environments.
Eco-friendly Thunderbolt 3 Power Features
Thunderbolt 3 provides eco-friendly power features to help save power and energy: the enclosure powers on when your computer is on and powers off when the computer is put to sleep, shut down, or disconnected. In addition, Thunderbolt 3 Power Delivery (PD) allows the Breakaway Box to power and charge notebook computers when the computer is sleeping.
Price: AED 1,695*
|Form Factor||Desktop Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system|
|Internal Connectors||Two 8-pin (6+2 pin) power connectors|
|Expansion Slot||One x16 mechanical (x4 electrical, Thunderbolt 3 spec) PCIe 3.0|
|PCIe Card Supported||One full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card|
|Power Delivery||Laptop charging up to 100W|
|Standy Power||Consumes 8.5W (sleep) / 14W (idle)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 95°F / 0 to 35°C|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||7.25 x 13.38 x 8 in. (18.5 x 34.0 x 20.2 cm)|
|Weight||7.1 lbs (3.2 kg)|
Price: AED 1,695*
- macOS Big Sur compatible
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports and macOS 10.13.6+
— Automatically accelerates AMD RX eGPU connected monitors, and games and select apps run on those monitors
— macOS drivers for NVIDIA GPU cards are not compatible with Thunderbolt Technology
— One eGPU Breakaway Box (WX9100, for example) supports up to six external 4k monitors @60Hz
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports and macOS 10.14.6+ (Mac mini see note 10)
— Support added for AMD RX 560 and RX 590 AMD GPUs
— Accelerate games and applications run on the internal display (or Thunderbolt Display) by selecting the App, selecting "Get Info", and checking "Prefer External GPU"
— Windows 10 support under Parallels Desktop for Mac
— Support for two eGPU Breakaway Box eGPUs and up to twelve external 4k monitors @60Hz
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports and macOS 10.15.7+
— Support added for AMD RX 5500, 5500 XT, 5600, 5600 XT, 5700, 5700XT
- Apple® M1 Macs do not yet support eGPUs
- Supports VIVE and VIVE Pro with AMD Radeon RX480 or better
- External GPUs not supported by Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt equipped Macs
- External GPUs not supported on Windows 10 under Boot Camp
- Certified with all generation Thunderbolt Macs to support Thunderbolt-compatible non-GPU cards, such as AVID HDX(8) and RED ROCKET-X
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port
- GPU card use requires an eGPU-enabled Windows PC
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition, Version 1809 or greater)
- Supports VIVE and VIVE Pro with NVIDIA GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480 or better
- 1080P monitors using DP or HDMI ports
- 4K and 5K monitors using DP or HDMI ports
- 4K, 5K, and 6K Thunderbolt 3 monitors require a GPU card with USB-C output
LG UltraFine 4K and 5K displays
Apple Pro Display XDR 6K
- 49” 5120x1440 Dual QHD monitors using a DP port:
— Dell Ultrasharp 49 Curved Monitor U4919DW
— LG 49 inch 32:9 UltraWide Dual QHD IPS Curved LED Monitor 49WL95C-W
— Philips Brilliance 32:9 Superwide Curved LCD Display 499P9H/27
— Samsung 49” CRG9 Dual QHD Curved QLED Gaming Monitor LC49RG90SSNXZA
- 8K displays are compatible with Windows, but not currently compatible with macOS