sE Electronics sE8 Pair
Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mic with Gold-sputtered Capsule, 80Hz and 160Hz Highpass Filters, 10dB and 20dB Pads, and Gold-plated XLR
- A versatile high-performance mic for stage and studio
- Handcrafted gold-sputtered small-diaphragm capsule
- Accurate, nearly frequency-independent cardioid polar pattern
- 80Hz and 160Hz highpass filters
- 10dB and 20dB Pads
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- Tech Specs
As with all of our factory-matched pairs, every mic ending up in a sE8 Stereo Pair configuration is hand-selected from hundreds of individual microphones.
This ensures identical performance and the highest possible mic-to-mic consistency, so you can rest assured that your stereo image will be as clear & accurate as possible.
The sE8 Matched Pair comes complete with a precision stereo mounting bar, two protective wind screens, two mic clips, and a robust high-quality metal flight case.
HANDCRAFTED TRUE CONDENSER CAPSULE
- Gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability
- Every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
- Ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
- Ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients
- Newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response
- Sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- Avoids coloration in demanding applications
THE QUIETEST PENCIL MIC IN ITS CLASS
- sophisticated electronic design provides extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- transformerless design for excellent transparency and clarity
- proven Class-A circuitry ensures a high dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response
TWO SWITCHABLE PRE-ATTENUATION PADS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more.
TWO SWITCHABLE LOW-CUT FILTERS
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
ALL-METAL HOUSING WITH GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR, PREMIUM FINISH & ACCESSORIES
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some small-capsule microphones, the sE8's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connector ensures a great look and a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years to come.
The sE8 also comes standard with a newly-designed mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand.
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Cardioid: 81 dB|
|Equivalent Noise Level||Cardioid: 13 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||Cardioid: 159 dB SPL Peak|
|Impedance||Cardioid: 110 Ohms|
|Load Impedance||1 kOhms|
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: 25 mV/Pa|
|Low-Cut Filter||6 dB/Octave @ 80 Hz
6 dB/Octave @ 160 Hz
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||2.7 mA|
|Operating Voltage||48 V|
|Length||4.72" / 120 mm|
|Diameter||0.91" / 23 mm|
|Weight||4.97 oz / 141 g|
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Matched Pair for Stereo Recordings
- Gold-Sputtered, Small-Diaphragm Condenser
- Transformerless Design for Transparency
- Selectable -10 dB and -20 dB Pad
- Low-Cut Filter at 80 Hz and 160 Hz
- All-Metal Chassis
- Includes 2 Mic Clips
- Includes Windscreens & Mounting Bar
- Includes Metal Flight Case